Thursday, November 13, 2008

"... live like a tourist..."


I was discussing with a work mate how the likelihood of a move to another country in the next 12 months had changed my perspective on the remaining time that we, (my family and I), have here in Bangkok.  

Now Bangkok is of course a famous city with a multitude of events, festivals, venues and things to do. Whilst some of these things are definitely not on our families list, the majority however are all great things that we can enjoy and experience.  As our time here is limited if we don't live like tourists we will miss the chance to do so much.
This was in my mind yesterday as it was Loy Krathong Festival here in Thailand. Loy Krathong is held on the full moon of the month of November. Even though there was a lot to do and the day was not finished, (work wise), I did get out with all the children and we went to Lumipini Park and bought Krathongs. They were for sale in many places and we all choose one each and off we went float our dreams on the lake at Lumpini.

That was not only my piece of fun for the, we all enjoyed it.  Did you have fun today? Ask yourself what about your day today was fun? What stays in your mind as the highlight. Some people say that they enjoy their job and they like it, fine but are you willing to say its fun! When did you laugh and what made you laugh? I think we will all be having fun if we can look back at the day and find the things that made us smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment